Columbia, S.C.(WLTX)-The Salvation Army in Columbia plans to accept applications at the Ruff Building on the SC State Fairgrounds at 1200 Rosewood Drive.
1. Picture ID for the head of the household.
2. Identification cards for everyone residing in the household. The following IDs can be used: U.S. driver's license, Social Security card, State-issued non-driver ID card, U.S. passport, Employee ID card, School ID card, Health insurance card (not Medicare), Matricula Consular ID card, U.S. military ID card.
3. Proof of age for every child 13 years old or under. Only children 13 years and younger can receive Christmas gifts. Birth certificates or other official documents may be used for proof of age.
4. If your household qualifies for Food Stamps (SNAP), bring proof of your most current award statement (your award statement not EBT card). With proof of Food Stamps award, numbers 5, 6, and 7 (below) are not necessary.
5. Proof of all income in the home for the past 30 days (pay stubs, unemployment statement, SSI Disability, Social Security statement, VA or other pensions).
6. Anyone 18 years or older and receiving no income must show proof of zero wage (Zero wage statement from the unemployment office).
7. Proof of all household expenses paid in the past 30 days (not bills that you owe, but bills that were paid).
Please note that no children will be allowed in the fairground buildings during registration or distribution weeks. Do not bring your children to the fairgrounds and leave them in your car. Please make arrangements for someone to care for your children elsewhere while you are applying for Christmas assistance. The door will open at 9:00 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. on November 5. The door will open at 9:00 a.m. and close at 3:30 p.m. on November 6. The door will open at 9:00 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m. on November 7.
All people seated inside will be served after the door closes. Chairs will be set up and everyone will come in an orderly fashion and sit down. Please understand that if you don't comply with these policies we will not be able to assist your family this Christmas. Children receiving assistance through Families Helping Families will not be eligible.
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 130 years in the United States.
Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children.
82 cents of every dollar spent is used to support those services in 5,000 communities nationwide. For more information, go to www.salvationarmyusa.org