Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- The PGA Tour's only South Carolina event, the 46th annual RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links on Hilton Head, will have new security requirements for attendees.
In a recent press release, RBC Heritage officials say they have adopted updated PGA Tour Security and Safety requirements, implemented at all PGA Tour events in 2014.
Anyone planning to attend this year's RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links on Hilton Head Island, April 14th to April 20th, will see the following changes to security when accessing the tournament:
- Tickets and badges must be on display at all times. Spectators will be provided with RBC Heritage lanyards
- Security personnel screening spectators at checkpoints for access to all parts of the golf course
- No bags larger than a 6" x 6" purse, including all carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags, portable chair bags.
- Clear plastic or vynl bags smaller than 12" x 6" x 12" Any bags outside this requirement will not be allowed on shuttle buses or the golf course grounds.
- Shuttle bus riders will be advised of the new security policies prior to boarding.
- Security personnel will be on the golf course checking tournament badges and tickets.
RBC Hertiage Tournament Director, Steve Wilmot, says "The safety and well-being of all our sponsors and spectators is of the utmost importance. We ask that everyone cooperate with the revised standard tournament policies."
The RBC Heritage, presented by Boeing, is South Carolina's only PGA Tournament, held on Hilton Head Island since 1969.
Follow Derry London on Twitter @Derry_London