COLUMBIA, S.C. — Get your popcorn, grab a seat under the big top and prepare to be dazzled by a world-class show featuring high-wire artists, daredevil motorists, clowns and more.
In celebration of its 150th anniversary, the S.C. State Fair will offer three live circus performances daily, free with fair admission, during its run October 9-20, 2019.
Each free, hour-long show will feature traditional and unique circus acts for all ages. Ringmaster and circus veteran Ian Garden will host the hour-long production. Garden will be joined by an esteemed international cast of acts, including:
- Globe of Death: Multiple motorcyclists perform loops at high speeds in the tight confines of the steel Globe of Death.
- The Pompeyo Family: Semifinalists on Season 12 of America’s Got Talent, the Pompeyos train rescue pups to do amazing tricks and jumps in entertaining costumes.
- Duo Silks: Celena and Sheyla dazzle crowds in unison on the aerial silks.
- Teeterboard: Hailing from Africa, the performing troupe has mastered the Korean-style teeterboard. Watch them blast each other to great heights to perform aerial somersaults and gravity-defying feats.
- High Wire: The Colombian high-wire troupe balances precariously while walking along a tensioned wire high above the audience.
- America’s Show Camels: Lights, camels, action! Ian Garden and Ryan Henning present a caravan of rare, blue-eyed spotted Dromedary camels.
- Wheel of Destiny: Daredevils take on the Wheel of Destiny, doing aerial stunts and acrobatics while keeping balance on an exercise wheel connected to a colossal, revolving apparatus.
The theme for the 150th S.C. State Fair is "Prize-Winning Memories.”