COLUMBIA, S.C. — Richland Library is seeking local professionals to share their knowledge and inspire others in the community as the Library's Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR).
The position is one that gives "diverse entrepreneurs the opportunity to connect and interact with successful entrepreneurs and business experts who truly understand the disparities of entrepreneurship due to their own life experiences" and would be active from January through April 2021.
Because of COVID-19 restrictions, all interactions would be virtual -- in-person services would be contingent upon changes in Richland Library health and safety protocols and operating procedures.
To be considered for the EiR, applicants must:
- Be committed to developing Columbia’s small business community by mentoring and inspiring new entrepreneurs.
- Have a proven record of starting and developing a successful small to medium-sized business in Richland County, South Carolina.
- Have three or more years of successful business experience.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have expert knowledge of evaluation business ideas and plans against essential criteria for success.
The EiR would be expected to devote 40 hours per month to the position, including 5 hours per week in office availability and participation in Richland Library Public Programs. This position does come with a monthly stipend.
Deadline to submit an application/proposal is 11:59 p.m. Friday, December 4.
Learn more and apply online at Richland Library.