COLUMBIA, S.C. — Everyone deserves a day off. Here is a list of city and county offices and services that will be closed or operating on a holiday schedule during the week of Thanksgiving.
- The county's C&D Landfill and drop-off/recycling centers at Lower Richland and Clemson Road will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- There will be no curbside collection service Thursday. Collection routes scheduled for that day will be picked up Friday, and Friday’s collections will be picked up Saturday.
- Richland County’s Jim Hamilton-L.B. Owens Airport will be open 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
- County Government offices will be closed both days. While offices remain closed to the public because of COVID-19, residents can access many services on Richland County’s website: www.richlandcountysc.gov, including those by the Auditor, Treasurer, Assessor and other offices.
- County Administrative offices will be closed Thursday and Friday
- Franchise Residential Solid Waste Curbside Collection in the unincorporated areas of Lexington County will operate on a partial adjusted pickup schedule during the Thanksgiving holiday week for those residents that normally have service on Thursday and Friday. Collections normally scheduled for Thursday will be made on Friday, Nov. 27, 2020 and those scheduled for Friday will be collected on Saturday, Nov. 28,2020. All other service days will be collected as normal.
- All eleven Lexington County Collection and Recycling Centers will be open on a regular schedule during the Thanksgiving holiday week. They will be closed as usual on Tuesday and Thursday and open Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Sunday from 3 to 7 p.m.
- The Lexington County Edmund Landfill, located at 498 Landfill Lane in the Edmund community will be closed on Thursday, November 26, Thanksgiving Day, and will otherwise be open as usual Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The landfill is closed on Sundays.
- The administrative offices of the Lexington County Department of Solid Waste Management will be closed Thursday and Friday.
City of Columbia
- On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, all garbage and recycle pickup that’s scheduled for Thursday, November 26, 2020 will be collected.
- All garbage and recycling pickup scheduled for Friday, November 27, 2020, will remain on regular schedule.