EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. — A 29-year-old Eglin Air Force Base captain died this weekend after completing a physical fitness test, the Air Force announced.
Capt. Tranay Tanner was assigned to the Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Detachment 2.
The Air Force said after Tanner completed the fitness test, she had health complications. She was taken to the base hospital, then transferred to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, where she died Saturday.
The cause of death is under investigation.
"I am deeply saddened over Tranay's death," said Lt. Col. Timothy Stevens, AFOTEC commander. "The pain of her absence has touched each and every one of us.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with Tranay's family, her friends and our fellow Airmen during this difficult time."
What other people are reading right now:
- Man tells investigators his pickup matches deadly hit-and-run description
- 50 firefighters, 11 boats assisting in search for 2 firefighters in Port Canaveral area
- Miami doctor dies after falling from cliff in Spain
- 7th grader donates fair livestock winnings of $15,000 to St. Jude
- Timeline: Michael Drejka’s trial to start in deadly shooting of Markeis McGlockton
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.