x
Breaking News
More () »

Columbia home destroyed by fire on New Year's Eve

Malfunctioning heating equipment cause of house fire on Heidt Street.

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Malfunctioning heating equipment caused a house fire early New Year's Eve morning, leaving 3 people without a home.

Columbia Fire crews responded to a call in the 1000 block of Heidt Street Thursday, Dec. 31, with a possible occupant trapped inside.

Firefighters searched the residence and found no one inside and no injuries were reported. Three of the residents are left displaced.

The home was a total loss.

OTHER HEADLINES:

'Be patient': DHEC says vaccine rollout takes time

$25 million awarded to South Carolina nonprofits through SC CARES Act program