COLUMBIA, S.C. — Starting Monday, February 10, Richland One families can begin the registration process for the district’s 2020-2021 pre-kindergarten programs.
To be eligible for pre-kindergarten, children must have reached the age of four on or before September 1, 2020, and parents must reside within the Richland One school district.
To begin the registration process, parents should attend one of our pre-kindergarten parent information meetings. At these information meetings, parents will get details regarding online registration, required documentation, screening and more. Additional meeting dates will be available on the district's website.
The scheduled parent information sessions are as follows:
- Tuesday, February 11, St. Andrews Middle School, 1231 Bluefield Road - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 3, St. Andrews Middle School, 1231 Bluefield Road - 6 p.m.
If parents are unable to attend information meetings at designated school sites, they now have the opportunity to access and view a virtual session beginning February 10 on the district's website. Parents will go to the website, view the virtual session and complete the survey at the end of the presentation.
After attending or viewing an information meeting, the next step in the process will be for parents to complete and submit the online registration form. Parents can also begin gathering copies of the following documents to submit to their zoned school beginning Monday, February 10:
- Child’s long-form birth certificate
- Child’s current DHEC immunization form
- Proof of income (both parents’ pay stubs or child’s current Medicaid card)
- Current signed lease or mortgage statement
- Current utility bill
- Shared housing documentation (required only if a parent’s/guardian’s name is not on both proof of residence documents)
After all documents have been received, parents will be notified through email to schedule their child’s DIAL-4 screening appointment. Parents who need additional information should check the district's website, contact their zoned school or call 799-9494.