COLUMBIA, S.C. — The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) Friday announced the following COVID-19 updates.
It showed there were 1,479 new COVID-19 cases in the state and 26 additional deaths.
Today's cases and deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
This brings the total number of confirmed cases to 191,021, probable cases to 12,140, confirmed deaths to 3,949 and 282 probable deaths.
Cumulative totals (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
- Confirmed and probable cases: 191,021/12,140
- Confirmed and probable deaths: 3,949/282
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 2,458,520
Testing opportunities (scdhec.gov/COVID19testing)
- Testing opportunities available statewide: 292
Percent positive (scdhec.gov/COVID19dashboard)
- 11,207 individual test results reported statewide yesterday (not including antibody tests)
- 13.2% percent positive
The information above as well as extensive reporting on county-level information, demographics and more is available at scdhec.gov/COVID19. The website is updated between 1 p.m.-3 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m.-1 p.m. weekends. Visit scdhec.gov/COVID19vaccine for the latest vaccine information.
Additional information and resources