x
Breaking News
More () »

Columbia's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Columbia, South Carolina | WLTX.com

SC Couple Died Using Generator During Florence

The coroner's office confirms the two died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator used in the home during the storm.
Credit: Thinkstock

Loris, SC (WBTW) - The bodies of a Loris couple were found inside their home Saturday afternoon after dying from carbon monoxide poisoning, the coroner's office reports.

Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard says the couple was found dead after using a generator inside their Loris home. The victims were identified as Mark Carter King, 63, and Debra Collins Rion, 61.

The coroner's office confirms the two died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator used in the home during the storm. King and Rion died at approximately 7:45 p.m. Friday night.

No further investigation is planned, confirms the coroner