SUMTER, S.C. — As the weather heats up, people in the Midlands are looking for ways to keep cool.
In Sumter, here is where kids in their area can cool-off.
Sumter-area splash pads are open for the season and won't cost you anything to use them.
"I think it's good because it gives the kids time to get out and enjoy themselves," Tonya Shannon of Sumter said.
City officials say Sumter-area splash pads can be found at:
- Crosswell Park (130 Yeadon St.)
- South Sumter Park (630 S. Sumter St.)
- Palmetto Park (440 Theatre Dr.)
- North HOPE Park (904 N. Main Street)
- Birnie HOPE Park (210 S. Purdy St.)
The Sumter Aquatics Center is also open and is located on 1115 S. Layfette Drive.
This center offers weekly swim camp and lessons as well as open swim days for a fee.
Business operating hours are as follows:
Swim Camp: 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Open Swim: 12:00PM - 5:00PM
Swim Lessons & Other Activities: 5:00PM - 8:00PM
- Saturdays: Open Swim - 12:00PM - 5:00PM
- Sundays: Open Swim - 2:00PM - 6:00PM
Monday-Friday: Staff Only (Closed to Swim)
For more details on the aquatic center click here.