Greenville, SC (The Greenville News) — A toddler who was in a foster home died choking on his food, the Greenville County Coroner's Office said Monday.

The Coroner's Office identified the toddler as 2 1/2-year-old Kamryn Arnold-Garrett of Greenville.

Kamryn was treated on the scene by paramedics and the Parker Fire Department before being transported to the pediatric emergency department Greenville Memorial Hospital, the Coroner's Office said.

He was pronounced dead about 2 a.m. Sunday.

An autopsy performed Monday show the toddler's preliminary cause of death to be aspiration of food. Kamryn's death was ruled an accident. The case remained under investigation by the Coroner's Office, the Department of Social Services and the Greenville County Sheriff's Office.