WINTER HAVEN, Fla. — Polk County deputies say Stanley Mossburg was arrested around 5:10 a.m. Tuesday morning.
The sheriff's office said he had been barricaded alone in a home on Avenue C NE near 16th Street NE. He was booked into jail on Tuesday morning.
The previous story is below.
The search is on for a man wanted for murder in Tennessee and a double homicide in Polk County.
Stanley Eric Mossburg, 35, who also goes by the nickname "Woo Woo," last was seen driving a stolen 2013 black Hyundai Tuscon with Florida tag D5BPK, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
The car last was seen in the area of 17th Street NE and Dundee Road.
Mossburg is considered armed and dangerous.
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says a man got home around 10:30 p.m. Sunday and came across Mossburg inside. He reportedly told him he wasn't going to kill him because "God told him not to," however, two other people -- a man and woman -- who also lived at the home already were dead.
The man was held captive all night until Mossburg took his car, Judd said.
Mossburg reportedly told a witness at one point, "I've got a gun and I want to kill someone."
Residents are asked to stay inside and lock their doors -- call 911 if you've seen Mossburg. If anyone has a firearm, keep it close, Judd said.
What other people are reading right now:
- Jennifer Kesse vanished without a trace nearly 14 years ago. Her parents search for her every day.
- Toddler dies after being left in her family's Jeep all day, police say
- Fortnite players left staring at black hole for hours after 'The End' event
- 'Let me out!': Man gives family one last laugh at his own funeral
- Human case of dengue fever reported in Hillsborough County
FREE 10NEWS APP: