COCONUT CREEK, Fla. — The baby at the center of a Florida Amber Alert is said to be "okay" and will be examined at the hospital.
Authorities issued the Amber Alert earlier Monday evening for 19-day-old Joshua Quinteron from Coconut Creek.
The Coconut Creek Police Department at the time reported witnesses told authorities the child's father hurt the baby when he forcibly removed him from his mother.
The pair was reportedly seen in the area of Fisherman's Drive in Coconut Creek.
Police said the baby's father, a 17-year-old, was found and arrested in Apopka, located just outside of Orlando.
- Isaias again becomes a hurricane, on way to make landfall in the Carolinas tonight
- 'Not what we were anticipating': Boaters surround SpaceX capsule amid splashdown
- Florida reports another 4,752 COVID-19 cases, positivity rate again below 10 percent
- Deputies: Man on the run after shooting his coworker
- Early voting begins across Tampa Bay this week
- Disney World Splash Mountain boat sinks during ride
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter