COLUMBIA, S.C. — The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued a Flood Advisory for portions of central South Carolina, including Lexington and Richland counties and parts of Aiken County until 3:30 p.m. Friday.
Minor flooding is possible in low-lying and poor drainage areas, including roadways.
The message reads:
- at 1:29 p.m., doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in the advisory area. Between 0.5 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen.
- additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding.
- some locations that will experience flooding include Columbia, Lexington, West Columbia, Cayce, Irmo, Forest Acres, Batesburg-Leesville, Springdale, Red Bank, Oak Grove, Highway 6 at Lake Murray Dam, St. Andrews, Dentsville, South Congaree, Pine Ridge, Arcadia Lakes, Columbia Metropolitan Airport, Riverbanks Zoo, Harbison State Forest and West Columbia Riverwalk.
This also includes the following highways:
- Interstate 126 between mile markers 0 and 3.
- Interstate 20 in South Carolina between mile markers 40 and 78.
- Interstate 77 between mile markers 0 and 20.
- Interstate 26 between mile markers 102 and 118.