Columbia, SC (WLTX) — Two people are injured and seven are displaced after a fire at an apartment complex in northeast Columbia Wednesday afternoon.
Officials with the Columbia Fire Department say they responded to a fire at The Chimneys at Brookfield Apartments on Brookfield Road around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. Two people were transported to the hospital for treatment -- one for smoke inhalation and another for minor injuries. No firefighters were injured.
Two apartments were heavily damaged and seven people were displaced, according to officials. Red Cross is assisting those people.